Press release guidelines
We rely on the Plumas County community to help keep us informed about events, entertainment, business concerns, and other vital updates of interest to our readers through press releases.
To submit a press release, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email type “PRESS RELEASE” followed by the title of your release.
Preparing your release
Please bear these recommendations in mind as you prepare your press release for submission:
- Writing. Write in third person. Try to use simple direct sentences so your release is as clear as possible. Place the most important information at the top of your release, with more detailed information and explanations below.
- Formatting. Provide your release in Word, gdocs, in the body of your email, or in another easily editable format (no PDFs please). We prefer to receive releases single spaced, with one line between paragraphs, and no paragraph indents.
- Art. A picture is worth a thousand words. For best results, supply image(s) in JPG, TIF, or PNG formats, at least 1200px wide. We can still feature lower-resolution art, but it may not look quite as nice.
- Captions. Provide a written description to accompany any photo(s). Write in present tense, and identify all people in order from left to right.
Screening and editing of press releases
The Plumas Sun team screens each press release and makes necessary changes prior to posting. We perform both legal checks (e.g. for bias or libel) and editorial checks (for clarity, grammar and typos).
We reserve the right to edit or decline to publish press releases based on our editorial assessment.
Legal notice guidelines
The Plumas Sun publishes legal notices, including:
- Name Change
- Petition to Administer Estate
- Trustee Sale
- Bulk Sale
- Notice to Creditors
- Lien Sale
- Notice of Hearing
- Notice Inviting Bids
- General Legal
Publication Day and Deadline
Legal notices are published every Wednesday by 6 p.m, excluding bank holidays. The deadline for submission is 12 p.m. (noon) on Wednesdays. Any notices received after the deadline MAY be posted the following week.
The Plumas Sun charges $25 per legal notice posting.
We will publish your legal notice as soon as we receive the following:
1– Your legal notice in PDF format. Email your notice to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email type “LEGAL NOTICE.”
2– Fee payment. See fee schedule above. Send payments to our partner, The Almanor Foundation.
The Plumas Sun does not publish meeting agendas of government or other organizations on our website.
Fictitious Business Statements
The Plumas Sun is an online publication. We are not able to post Fictitious Business Statements. State law requires Fictitious Business Statements to be printed in an adjudicated newspaper in a county contiguous to Plumas County. You may consider contacting The Mountain Messenger newspaper in Sierra County: Drawer A, Downieville, CA 95936; 530-289-3262. firstname.lastname@example.org.